Post anything that you find interesting in relation to making money (stock tips, ticker quotes, insider information...etc.).
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Answer to your email tom and a little more ranting
one sector i haven't been messing with this year is the financials because i don't think the bottom is here yet(I know it has been looking brighter but i don't think the bottom is here yet,i might be wrong). I would have to do further research on those stocks because you probably know more about Freddie and Fannie than me right now. I will take a look at those and get back to you with it. Another advice though, When you want to buy stocks of a company you shouldn't buy all the positions at once but rather buy maybe like a third or half first than increase your position along the way. Reason for this is because you just don't know where the stock price will be at the nxt day or the day after or a week later. Buying a little at a time helps you fine the right support of the stock price(technical analysis) so you can either average down or increase you position if you think it was the right buy. As far as day trading stocks go, i can't really recommend a particular stock because it changes daily but like i said the energy sector is ideal. Energy stocks often fluctuate with the energy futures such as the oil price or the natural gas price so you have to beware of the energy price specualtion daily. It is really risky though . To be honest i don't really suggest you to day trade until you have over 6 figures of capital. However, if you want to make quick profits short-term trades are less risky(because you will be buying stocks of a better company(fundamental analysis) overall and can be really profitable also. I suggest you to read and learn more about energy companies. One thing i can say is that i really like Natural Gas stocks right now. My eyes are at NOV at $77, PWR below 30, TRN at 32 COG and CHK both below 50. I am also loading up on the drug stocks like ABT SRCL GILD BDX which are the "recession proof" stocks that can really outperform in a market like this. I would recommend discount retailers but i don't see any huge discount stock prices in that sector right now(I have COST and WMT but i added those to my position a while ago when the prices were very attractive). This is all i have to say for now because i gotta get busy trading. Good Luck guys
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment